From Windwos to the iPad - is it possible to do the jump?

From Windows to iPad – is it possible to do the jump?
by mortjac April 29, 2011
How can you switch from a tool so ripe and extensive as the Windows platform something so barebone as iPad?

Well, in order to do it, I first had to accept some principles:

      
  • I will renounce on functionality
  •   
  • I will not try to do everything on iPad
  •   
  • I will try to do things I didn’t do before, for instance music, video, podcast.

The last point is very important. I need some positive feedback to keep myself motivated. And motivation is the clue, because it hurts to make the chance. It’s painful not to do it the way I did before, very painful!It became very clear what I couldn’t do on iPad:
     
  • SQL Database Manager to manage our GL21 in Microsoft Azure
  •   
  • MS Excel, which I use in budgeting and statistics. The pivot table function that I depend on, I haven’t found in any iPad app yet. Tell me if you know any!
So I keep my Windows and Mac laptops. And continue traveling with my Mac still some time…I’ve made the transition over the last 15 months. My journey began in the last January, when I bought my Macbook. In July I bought an iPad for my father, but unfortunly he didn’t want to use it, so I started using it. I August I dropped travelling with my PC. Lately, during the easter I left my Macbook at home too.So from today I will try to do almost all my work on the iPad 1. Stay put and I keep you informed!

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

InvestorForum by VentureLab in Oslo a success story #startups

10 argumenter mot EUs datalagringsdirektiv

Statsbudsjettet 2010 og steinerskolene