Alicante Airport shows first inflexibility - later flexibility - and saves my day!

2010-10-27-ALC-aeropuerto-alicante.jpg (451×337)
New Alicante Airport terminal opens in March 2011
In North Europe, and part of Spaina, we mostly use the mobile as our boarding pass. I knew this was a problem in Alicante, and I therefore have always dutifully printed my boarding pass before. Last week however, I got the option to go to Barcelona only using my mobile.
Before that, at Norwegian airline check in, I was also informed that I didn’t need the boarding pass anymore.

That was incorrect, it seems, since when going through the airport security today they stopped me. I complied, telling her that I had used my iPhone boarding pass before. A senior police officer then let me through.

But at the gate the controllers rejected my iPhone boarding pass completly. Even threathing me with police (as they thought they still lived in the dammed old facist regime). Saying that in Alicante airport they only worked with printed boarding pass. Which again is a lie, as Spanair and the ladies at the VIP lounge later told me.

So, I protested, but in vane, and had to leave the que and drop the flight. I’ve was then told to ask SwissPort to change my tickets, but they would only sell a new flight next day at the double prize.

I’ve been using Alicante airport frequently since 1968, and I was astonished that they could treat an old customer like that.

El Ejecutivo Carlos
So thinking it through, I went to the airport information and said I would like to talk with a senior officer. The staff where very understanding and in five minuts Carlo «el ejecutivo» appeared. He was very understanding, saying that the bad had happened and it was impossible to change. It was a good strategy to affront me, and I asked him how to go further. He told me the process of complains, and when I started writing he studied if it could be other airplanes for Oslo. And in fact there was, at a smaller airport however. Carlos followed me to SwissPort another time, said «socorro» and in five minutes I had a free ticket the same afternoon. Carlos afterward followed me to the VIP lounge at their cost.

Before leaving me he said that the police shouldn’t have let me in. That would have saved me 4 hours. And that the Swissport certainly shouldn’t have treathed me with police. And that I should have insisted on «el ejecutivo» immediately.

So Spanish bureaucraci destroyed my travel, but Spanish hospitality and improvision let me reach my country the same day.

Thanks, Carlos!

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Predicates in Core Data

Hva er den egentlige forskjellen på høstens nettbrett?

InvestorForum by VentureLab in Oslo a success story #startups