Developing Your Business By Marketing Your API
The foundation for a fincacial applications success is a good API. I good easyli subscribe to that meaning. But still we don´t have any. But our application has an SQL part running in SQL Azures based on stored procedures. Then Entity Framework 1, sits on Windows Azure, communicating between our business layer written in ASP.net MVC and SQL. Then ASP.net use the T4 template to push and receive data to our beloved iFacturas. So it´s cloud, SOA, SaaS and whatever TBL you can imagine.
But I think it´s a piece of cake to create an excellent API on this. ReadWriteWeb, however, tends to prove I´m wrong with their serie on API. In this article they write:
But I think it´s a piece of cake to create an excellent API on this. ReadWriteWeb, however, tends to prove I´m wrong with their serie on API. In this article they write:
Hunch's VP of Business Development, Shaival Shah has written a post along these lines today, with suggestions on how to "Cannabilize Business Development by Popularizing your API." As Shah writes, the challenge isn't simply to build an API: "the great challenge is how to market your API so that people know a) that it is available, b) how/why to use it and 3) what value they can generate from it."
Shah stresses the marketing of the API and gives the following as goals for doing so:
- Developing market awareness about your service and about the availability of your API
- Nailing three partner use-cases that are reusable across the market
- Establishing metrics for success and developing analytics so you can preserve future monetization options