iA - the fathers of @iawriter, are thrue minimalists designers

The Document Library
The Document Library


I’ve seen a new star - and it’s iA - or Information Architects. It’s not completely new star however, as I’ve used their Writer app since last year. Coincidentally, I’ve just read two brilliant blogposts related to iA’s founder Oliver Reichenstein:



You should absolutely read the two articles. They take you into the inner circle of Apple style design, and if you are open and concentrated, you will not be the same afterwards.
I’m writing this blogpost in iA Writer and doing it in focus mode. Glad to be back after a half year with Byword. Byword has a feature that I lacked sorely in iA, namely preview. By just pressing some buttons, I could get a HTML view of my post, and a possibility to copy it to my blog. Today I happened also to find the Marked app, which listen to a document, and does a HTML view of the markdown file automatically. With this third party included, I could return to the simplicity of iA again.
I will cite Oliver Reichenstein from the above blogpost:
The iCloud Document Library folders, restricted to one level, guide us to use a simple hierarchical system that mirrors our mental model.

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

InvestorForum by VentureLab in Oslo a success story #startups

10 argumenter mot EUs datalagringsdirektiv

Statsbudsjettet 2010 og steinerskolene